Photo: 27 of 63, Album: Grand Turk 2007
The Oddfellow’s Lodge/Eunice Lodge. This building is thought to have been constructed circa 1799, which makes the Lodge one of the oldest buildings on Front Street. According to local folklore, the proclamation abolishing slavery in 1834 was read from this building. The ’Order of Oddfellows’ was set up in 1894 as a Civic Association, incorporated under the ’Friendly Societies Act.’ The Lodge was previously located on the beach opposite the Manta House; however this building was destroyed in 1960’s ’Hurricane Donna.’ The Sandbar now stands where it used to be located.