Photo: 29 of 63, Album: Grand Turk 2007
Free Mason’s Lodge. This Lodge was set up in 1855 by the first president of the Turks & Caicos Islands, Mr. Frederick Forth, and was called the ’Turks Islands Forth Lodge.’ Mr. Forth, himself, was a member, and local legend has it that President Forth may have personally lived in the building. The structure is marked with a compass, square and the letter G, which is the international symbol for the "Free and Accepted Masons." In living memory, the Free Mason’s Lodge always has been located here.