Don Wiss's Home Page
On the web since 1996
Contents to Sections Below:
Historical Information Sites:
- Foragable Plant Photos in Alphabetical Order has 235 plants split into: Edible, Medicinal, Inedible, Poisonous, Edible Mushrooms, and Inedible Mushrooms.
- My Picture Albums. Includes travel, Halloween and Carnival parades, foraging walks, Victorian houses, Ground Zero, and the popular Brooklyn Storefronts, which was featured in the NY Times. 10,000 pictures in easy to view web resolution. Large thumb nails.
- I now write Trip Journals for most of my trips. Most of the trips are bicycle oriented. There are more than 40 Caribbean islands visited. There are five Northern European countries visited. Plus San Francisco.
- Information For Trip Planning. Now collected all in one folder.
- NYC Museum Evening Specials lists the days and hours when Manhattan museums have no-fee admission.
- Brooklyn Bike Tour: Salt Water Tropical Fish, Free Aquarium Tour is a 10 store visit following a Google Maps route.
- NYC Area Bicycle Day Rides is a collection of 36 ride turn sheets originally published from Sept/Oct 1992 until Winter 2001 by Transportation Alternatives. I scanned and produced PDF image files of them.
- Before driving up to the Woodstock Music & Art Fair in 1969 I painted my car with poster paint. My brother found a picture of it on some Super 8 video taking out of a house window: painted car. A photo of it existed. My ticket.
- PaleoFood - 1900+ recipes that are free of Neolithic foods. Recipes are: grain-free, bean-free, potato-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free. Ingredients used: meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, tree nuts, vegetables, roots, fruit, berries, mushrooms, and honey.
- GF Recipes - Menu to
various files on gluten-free grains that have been collected from the Net.
- BigSpud - Thousands of
potato recipes and suggestions collected from the rec.food.cooking Usenet newsgroup. Organized
by posted thread and grouped by cooking method. Covers 1995 through 2007.
- No-Milk Mailing List Archives - Has some dairy-free recipes.
Product Link Pages:
- PaleoFood Meals - A page of links to vendors of paleo meals. Fresh, frozen, and freeze-dried. Shipped, delivered, and picked up.
- PaleoFood Mall - A page of links to sites selling and shipping foods that would be acceptable on the Paleo Diet. There are numerous sites selling grass fed meat, plus other food products: fish, shellfish, eggs, tree nuts, vegetables, roots, fruit, berries, mushrooms, and honey.
- The Kitchen Equipment Encyclopedia. Recommendations for Paleo/Primal Eaters. Covers all kitchen equipment, tools and gadgets that can be used in the preparation of: meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, tree nuts, vegetables, roots, fruit, berries, mushrooms, herbs, and spice seeds. There are 250 descriptive entries with pictures organized into 36 categories.
- GF Mall - Annotated list of all the gluten-free food vendors. There are now more listed here than you could possibly make use of. But when this started it was just a few vendors listed in a section on the links page. Now grouped into categories. But it hasn't been updated in years.
- NoMilk Mall - A page of links to sites selling foods and beverages that are 100% free of dairy; plus links to lactose reduction products. But it hasn't been updated in years.
Other Link Pages:
Articles on Gluten Related Ills:
- Ron Hoggan Articles - The table of contents to various articles written by Ron Hoggan, a friend of mine from Calgary now living on Vancouver Island. After writing these articles he went on to write Dangerous Grains. You can no longer buy Smarten Up!, a video of Ron presenting on the topic of how gluten grains impede learning in sensitive individuals, and how they can affect one's behavior. Ron's last book is The Iron Edge. A new book is being written now.
- Collected Net Articles of Dr. Kalle Reichelt - Contains articles on the connection between Mental Disease, Autism, Schizophrenia, ADD, ADHD, Allergies, etc., and Gluten/Casein Intolerance. My first page in March 1996. Later it got more up-to-date formatting.
Webmaster: Don Wiss
Commission received if you click, then put an item in cart and buy at: